Table of Contents
- Data We Collect and How We Collect It
- How We Use Data We Collect
- How We Share Your Data
- How to Access, Update and Manage Your Data
- Privacy Policies of Third Party Services and Advertisers
- Our Policies Concerning Children
- How Long We Keep Your Data
- Security of Your Data
- Contact Us
- what data we collect, how we collect it, and why
- how we use that data and with whom we share it
- how you can access and update that data
- the choices you can make about how we collect, use, and share your data
- how we protect data we store about you
Data We Collect and How We Collect It
Data About You That We Get From Connected Third-Party Applications, Including Social Networks (like Facebook)
If you play Magic to Go’s games or access any of our other Services on connected third-party applications or connect our Services to any third-party applications, including social networks like Facebook, Magic to Go may receive certain information about you from the provider of the third-party application. The data we receive depends on the Magic to Go game you’re playing, the third-party application, your privacy settings and, if applicable, your friends’ privacy settings on that third-party application.
For example, Magic to Go may collect and store some or all of the following data shared by the provider of the connected third-party application:
- your first and last name;
- your profile picture or its URL;
- your user ID number (like your Facebook ID number), which may be linked to publicly-available data like your name and profile photo;
- the user ID number and other public data for your friends;
- the login e-mail you provided to that third-party application when you registered with it;
- your physical location and that of the devices you use to access our Services;
- your gender;
- your birthday and/or age range;
- information about your activities on or through the connected third-party application;
- other publicly-available information on the third-party application; and/or
- any other data that you or the provider of the third-party application share with Magic to Go.
If you are unclear about what data a third-party application is sharing with us, please go to the third-party application to find out more about their privacy practices.
Cookies and Automated Data Collection
We and service providers acting on our behalf, like Google Analytics, store log files and use tracking technologies such as:
- cookies, which are small pieces of data transferred to your mobile device or computer for record-keeping purposes;
- web beacons, which let us know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- tracking pixels, which allow us or our advertising partners to advertise more efficiently and effectively;
- and local shared objects, also known as flash cookies, which help us to reduce fraud, remember your in-game preferences and speed up load times.
We and our service providers use these log files, tags, and tracking technologies to collect and analyze certain kinds of technical data, including:
- IP addresses;
- the type of computer or mobile device you are using;
- your operating system version;
- your mobile device’s identifiers, like your MAC Address, Identifier For Advertising (IDFA), and/or International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI);
- your browser types;
- your browser language;
- referring and exit pages, and URLs;
- platform type;
- the number of clicks on a page or feature;
- domain names;
- landing pages;
- pages viewed and the order of those pages;
- the amount of time spent on particular pages; and
- game state and the date and time of activity on our websites or games.
In some cases, we will connect this data with your social network ID or Magic to Go user ID.
For more information on how to limit the types of cookies you allow, please see Opting out of Cookie Tracking.
Other Data collected from Your Mobile Device
If you play Magic to Go games on your mobile device, in addition to your device identifiers, we may also collect:
- the name you have associated with your device;
- your telephone number;
- your country; and
- your specific geolocation;
- your mobile contacts (as further described below in „Information About Your Contacts”); and
- data about Magic to Go and other third-party apps you have on your device.
If you want to adjust your privacy preferences on your mobile device, please see How to Access, Update and Manage Your Data.
Some games or parts of our Services may use a more traditional registration or account set-up process where you may be asked to give us some or all of the following data:
- your age or birthday;
- your first and last names;
- your e-mail address;
- a password; and
- other data that helps us make sure it’s you accessing your account or helps us improve our services.
We may also let you create a player profile, separate from your social networking site profile (for example, your Facebook profile), that other Magic to Go players can see. Your player profile may include data such as:
- a profile photo;
- game username(s);
- your gender;
- biographic details (like your age or age range);
- approximate location data that you provide;
- links to your profiles on various social network;
- details about the games you play; and
- a Magic to Go player ID number that is created by Magic to Go and used to identify your profile.
Certain information in your Magic to Go profile may be publicly accessible on Magic to Go’s websites that offer direct access to Magic to Go games, including:
- The Magic to Go player ID;
- Your first and last names; and
- Your player profile picture.
Except for games designed for children under 13, your Magic to Go player ID number used to identify your account and player profile will appear in the URL of your profile page. It will only allow access to information you make public in your settings.
Information About Your Contacts We may give you the ability to import your address book contacts or manually enter them so that you can locate your contacts on Magic to Go and invite them to join you in our games or other aspects of our Services. You are responsible for getting your contacts’ permission when you opt to give their contact details to us. We may also get data about you from other Magic to Go users importing or entering their contacts. We use and may store this contact data to help you and your contacts connect through our Services. If you want to remove your contacts stored by us, follow the instructions provided in the game to request that we remove them from our systems. If you need to enter a password to allow us to access your address book, we will not store that password.
Information You Generate Using Our Communications Features
Except for games designed for children under 13, you may be able to take part in certain activities on our Service that let you communicate or share information not just with Magic to Go, but also with other Magic to Go players. These include:
- participating in player forums and message boards;
- posting public comments to other players’ profiles or gameboards;
- sending private messages or invitations to other players, either directly on our websites or to their e-mail accounts;
- chatting with other players; and/or
- posting photos or drawings.
You acknowledge and expressly agree that we may access in real-time, record and/or store archives of these communications, comments, photos and drawings on Magic to Go’s servers to make use of them to protect the safety and well-being of our players and Magic to Go’s rights and property in connection with our Services; to conduct research; to operate, improve, personalize and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences, including through the use of analytics; and to manage and deliver contextual advertising.
If you purchase a license to use in-game virtual currency or virtual items in a game you play on go-to-magic.com, our third-party payment processor will collect the billing and financial information it needs to process your charges. This may include your postal address, e-mail address and financial information. Magic to Go does not collect or store your financial information, like credit card numbers. However, Magic to Go’s payment processors may share non-financial information with us related to your purchases, like your name, billing address and the items purchased in order to fulfill your order. Magic to Go may also obtain the billing and payment information that you provide when your purchase is processed by someone else (like Facebook, Apple or Google) such as when you purchase something in a game you play on a social network or that you downloaded on your mobile device. Our Terms of Service explain our policies and terms relevant to our charges, billing practices, third-party credits and virtual currencies. Please note that purchases of third party credits or currencies may also be subject to those parties’ policies.
Customer Support Correspondence
Except as provided herein, when you ask for help from our Customer Support team, we will collect and store the contact information you give them (generally, your name and e-mail address), information about your game play or activity on our Services, and your Magic to Go player and/or social network ID number. We will also store the communications you have with the Customer Service team and any information in those communications in order to provide support and improve the Services. For users of our games designed for children under 13, we will use your contact information for the sole purpose of providing a one-time response to your question. We will then delete your information from our servers.
We may collect or receive information about you from other sources like third-party information providers. We use this information along with information you provide us directly, for example, to help you and your friends connect or to serve you advertising more tailored to your interests.
How We Use the Data We Collect
The main use of the data we collect and store is to provide a better gaming experience, but there are other uses as well. The uses for which we collect and store your data include:
- to operate, improve and optimize our Services and our players’ experiences;
- to create your game accounts and allow you to play our games;
- to identify and suggest connections with other Magic to Go players and personalize our Services to you;
- to enable players to communicate with each other;
- to provide technical support and respond to player inquiries;
- to protect the safety and well-being of our players;
- to protect Magic to Go’s rights and property in connection with our Services;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and to enforce our Terms of Service;
- to manage and deliver contextual and behavioral advertising;
- to notify players of in-game updates, new products or promotional offers;
- to administer rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes we may have with you or other players, and to enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- to conduct research.
One important use of your data is communication. If you have provided your e-mail address to Magic to Go, we will use it to respond to customer support inquiries, and keep you informed of your in-game activity, including comments from friends, let you know about in-game status. Some messages, like invites for friends to join you in a game, may include your name and profile photo. We may also send promotional e-mail messages and promotional SMS messages (e.g. text messages) („Promotional Communications”).
How We Share Your Data
We may disclose or publish aggregated data (information about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you, for example, players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco) and other non-personal data about our players for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, analytics, advertising, and other business purposes.
In addition, we may share your data (which may include personal information) with third parties (in other words, parties other than Magic to Go) or allow third parties to collect this data from our Services in the following circumstances:
Friends and Other Magic to Go Players
The Service supports and often encourages you to interact with other players. In most Magic to Go games, if you play through a social network or register through a social network (for example, Facebook Connect), your social network friends will see your name, profile photo and descriptions of your game activity. Similarly, in many Magic to Go games, other players, regardless of whether they are your social network friends or not, will be able to see descriptions of your game activity (including the identification of any Magic to Go games you have played), communicate with you within our Services, and view your game profile, which may include your name or a „game name” and your profile photo. For example, in Magic to Go Poker, any other player may see your game profile if you are playing at the same table. In certain cases, your profile photo can reveal your social network ID or Magic to Go player ID, and access to a social network ID or Magic to Go player ID may allow others to view the public data associated with your related social network profile or Magic to Go account. Other players may also be able to send you game requests or even friend requests through the related social network’s or Magic to Go’s communication channels.
Third-Party Advertising Including Tailored Advertising and Analytics We have advertising on our Services so we can continue to offer many of our Services for free.
We do not actively share personal information with third-party advertisers for their direct marketing purposes unless you give us your consent.
When advertisers or ad networks place ads in our Services, they may collect or we may share the following types of data from within our Services:
- performance data (like the number of clicks on an advertisement);
- aggregated and/or de-identified data about you and other players collectively that is not intended to specifically identify you (like players between the ages of 21 and 25 who live San Francisco);
- certain technical data (for example, IP addresses, non-persistent device identifiers such as IDFAs, and de-identified persistent device identifiers such as a hashed Android ID);
- your social network ID;
- and other contextual data about your game play (for example, your level and session length)
The data collected may be used to:
- measure how effective ads are, to offer you targeted advertising in order to personalize your experience by showing you advertisements for products and services that are more likely to appeal to you (a practice known as behavioral advertising), and/or
- undertake web analytics (like Google Analytics which is used to analyze traffic and other player activity to improve your experience).
Advertisers or ad networks may collect this data through the use of tracking technologies like browser cookies and web beacons, and they may use a single tracking technology or multiple tracking technologies at the same time.
Please note, after clicking on a third party advertisement, you may no longer be on a site hosted by Magic to Go or the social network through which you are playing Magic to Go’s games.
Safety, Security and Compliance with Law
Your data, and the contents of all of your online communications in our Services and between You and Magic to Go may be accessed and monitored as needed to provide our Service and may be disclosed:
- when we have a good faith belief that we have to disclose the data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena);
- to satisfy any laws or regulations that apply;
- where we believe in our sole discretion that the Service is being used in committing a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to share data with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction, and other security precautions;
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person or the public generally; and
- to protect the rights or property of Magic to Go and other applicable third parties, including to enforce our Terms of Service.
Third-Party Service Providers
We will share your data with third-party companies to perform services on our behalf, like processing payments, analyzing data, optimizing game play, e-mail delivery, hosting services, customer service and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements. We contractually require these third-party service providers to maintain the confidentiality of the data we share with them, and we contractually require them not use your data for anything other than to provide services on our behalf.
Sale or Merger
In the event that Magic to Go undergoes a business transition (including proposed transactions), like a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or part its assets (like selling a game), we may disclose or transfer all of your data, including personal data , to the successor organization in the transition.
How to Access, Update and Manage Your Data
Data We Receive From a Third-Party Application Where You Play Our Games or From Your Mobile Device
To manage the data Magic to Go receives about you from a third-party application where you play our games, like Facebook, you will need to follow the instructions for the third-party application for updating your data and changing your privacy settings. The privacy management tools for applications on Facebook can be found here. To review and update data associated with your Magic to Go game profile in certain games, visit the „settings” page in that game. You also can manage some aspects of data collection and use by visiting the „settings” page of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application or „app.”
Opting Out of Geolocation
If you have previously allowed us to access your geolocation data, you can stop making geolocation available to us by visiting your mobile device’s settings for the relevant application or the „settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Ongoing Collection of Data About Non-Magic to Go Apps You Have On Your Device
To the extent that one of our games is collecting data about non-Magic to Go apps you have on your device, the game will provide you with an option to stop making that data available to us in the „settings” page for the relevant game.
Opting Out of Promotional Emails from Magic to Go
If you want to stop receiving promotional e-mails from Magic to Go, click on the „unsubscribe” link in any promotional email from Magic to Go or visit the e-mail preference page. Please note that once we receive your request, it may take an additional period of time for your opt-out to become effective. Your unsubscribe or e-mail preference change will be processed promptly, and in no event longer than ten business days.
When you install our apps on your mobile device you can choose to receive push notifications, which are messages an app sends you on your mobile device even when the app is not on. You can turn off notifications by visiting your mobile device’s „settings” page.
Opting Out of Cookie Tracking
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or limit the type of cookies you allow. Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies and cookie management tools available in a web browser may not remove flash cookies. To learn more about and manage flash cookies you can visit the Adobe website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of our Services because Magic to Go cookies are necessary to track and enhance your game activities.
Privacy Policies of Linked Third-Party Services and Advertisers
Our websites and games may contain advertisements from Third-Party Services, which are companies other than Magic to Go that may link to their own websites, online services or mobile applications. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Third-Party Services. If you have any questions about how these Third-Party Services use your data, you should review their policies and contact them directly.
Our Policies Concerning Children
Most of our websites and games are not for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect any personal data from children under 13. Children under 13 should not use these websites or games at any time. If we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personal data from a child under 13, we will take reasonable measures to promptly remove that data from our records.
How Long We Keep Your Data
How long we retain your data depends on why we collected it and how we use it. We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. For instance, we may retain some data for a few years after you have closed your account with us if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
Security of Your Data
If you have an account registered directly with Magic to Go, your profile data is protected by the password you use to access your Magic to Go account. It is important that you protect and maintain your Magic to Go account’s security and that you immediately tell us of any unauthorized use of your account. If you forget the password to your Magic to Go account, the Service allows you to request that instructions be sent to you that explain how to reset your password. If you access our Services through a social network and your social network account is hacked, this may lead to someone playing your Magic to Go games without your permission. So, be careful to keep your social network account data, including your social network account password, secure as well. We urge you to log out of your Magic to Go account and any social network account you have used to access our Services after you use it.
When you sign into your Magic to Go account or enter payment data, we or our third party payment processor use encryption to transmit that data.
While we take precautions against possible security breaches of our Services and our customer databases and records, no website or Internet transmission is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur, and we cannot guarantee the security of your data while it is being transmitted to our Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. If you have questions about the security of our websites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magic to Go Spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością Spółka komandytowo-akcyjna
02-787 Warszawa, Poland